Let’s Talk About SATS Baby
- To discuss the latest performance outcomes for the recent National Curriculum Tests (SATs)
- To understand the essential 42 key mathematical concepts all children need to understand to achieve the ‘magic 100’ / expected standards
- To establish a clear intervention and revision plan for the final 12 weeks to ensure all children are KS2 ‘SAT’ ready
- To develop a deeper understanding of the resources and strategies that will help all children achieve expected standards and ‘greater depth’ on the Arithmetic and Reasoning papers
- To explore strategies that can be adopted in the classroom to identify and support pupils working below expected level.
Steve Lomax has been working with senior leaders, mathematics subject leaders, teachers and pupils for over twenty five years. He is the Mathematics Strategic Lead for the Balcarras Teaching School Partnership and GLOWMaths Hub (www.glowmathshub.som, @GLOWmaths) and also works to improve outcomes for mathematics in schools and academies regionally and nationally through MaxTheMaths Consultancy (@MaxTheMaths) He is passionate about enthusing pupils at all phases to enjoy and achieve in mathematics
Through his current and previous roles of Mathematics Adviser for Gloucestershire (4-19), NCETM Specialist Adviser for Mathematics, Mathematics Subject Leader, SLT, AST and SLE, Steve has a proven track record, locally and national, of leading change in mathematics education and supporting schools to improve leadership, standards, teaching and enjoyment of mathematics within a school and across partnerships. He has had the privilege of visiting schools and working with mathematics teachers in Shanghai as part of the National Maths Hubs research into the teaching for mastery in mathematics.
Steve is a nationally accredited NCTEM Professional Development Lead and co-founder of Can Do Maths (www.CanDoMaths.org) and Kangaroo Maths www.kangaroomaths.com. In his “spare time” Steve enjoys learning about the amazing world of mathematics and authoring electronic and paper-based mathematical resources, including ArithmeKits (http://buzzardpublishing.com/get-the-buzz/arthmekit/) Bring on the Maths and Got Its. He does get frustrate with the misuse of mathematics in daily life and negative attitudes towards mathematics.
Wednesday 11th December 2019
9.15 am – 3.30 pm
Cheltenham Regency Hotel, Gloucesters Road, Staverton, Cheltenham, Glos., GL51 0ST